Greetings!

I think we all share the same goals of trying to make the best portable player around. My role in it is very minor in the beta, but I can assure you that many of these thoughts were raised at one time or another.

The hackability issue is something that cannot be avoided. Because it is a dedicated system, not a raw kernel, it is not very hackable at all.

File taxi and partitioning as FAT: I understand. It would be nice, but many of these products share a similar code base, and I do not know if it would be possible to implement in this case.

The UI has a lot to handle in the background - there are a lot more options. While beta testing, we all gave the players to people cold, with various levels of experience, just to see what they would make of it. The goal was to get a UI that people could get to the basic functions easily, while still allowing access to the more powerful features. I think they did pretty well. But, then, I have been using the interface for a little while. Perhaps it grows on you... <insert your favorite joke here>

The size advertising, yes. Someone made a mistake. It was not a deliberate lie, or intentionally to deceive. At least, not that I know of.

As for the graphics, yes. There is a lot that can be done with this, and hopefully more will as the Karma matures further in the marketplace. I would love to see more visuals, myself.

I think the concern was that your posts came off as extremely negative and also a bit hostile. I don't know if that was your intention, but you had a lot of people scrambling about, trying to verify your concerns and problems (some of which were true, some I have not personally seen). It also seemed that you were raising the same issues, with increasing (perceived) anger and bitterness in your postings, in multiple locations.

I know that I am also trying to help make the best portable player. As is Rob. As are many other people here.