Is there a reason the empeg UI could not be modified to search the comment field? The search function in emplode would not help me when I'm not at the computer. I thought that searching the comments would allow playlists to be created on the fly based on whatever kind of free text the user wanted to put in the field similar to searching by artist or year but potentially much more powerful and totally configurable by the user. One could then search for "Tom's 80s" (my own particular favorites from the 1980s), "quiet", "piano", "happy", "10" (on subjective scale of 1-10), or whatever else one could imagine to describe their music. This would potentially allow groups of songs of varied types to be selected from the whole database that would have factors in common other than year, artist, or genre. I know that you could accomplish some of this with playlists, but I would like to avoid creating millions of fixed playlist combinations to have to scroll through. I would also find it useful for those times when you would like to locate a specific song that someone wants to hear but you can't remember the title i.e. by searching for a prominent lyric, or the instrument in the solo, etc. Searching could also be chained with "and" or "or" to create combo lists like "quiet AND piano AND 9 OR 10".

Tom Hitchcock