I've completely missed out on this interesting development. Would love to give it a go, and have just been wading my way through the old threads to make sure I've understood everything about fidsift.

First off, why no mention of fidsift in the FAQ yet?

Is Hijack + jEmplode + fidsift combination still not a 100% reliable and fully-functioning machine yet?

Is the latest version of the script sitting on a CVS or a webpage somewhere... or should I trust the fact that I've got found the most update version attached to some random post in this forum? ;-)

Finally... the following question doesn't seem to have been answered yet...

Quote:
Ah.. cool. I remember that being a feature, but I thought it was dropped at some point.

Also, it will only do it if the folders are already there... so if you added enough tracks to warrant a new folder, then it just dumps the fids into the root correct?

...and the answer's quite important as it makes the difference between fidsift being a run-once and forget task and a run every once in a while task.

Also, I guess all the above only applies with v2 player software. I am correct in thinking the v3 software (in whatever state it is in now, alpha or beta) does this all automatically anyway?

Cheers,
Ross