I should have been more clear when I said ``radio stations are not allowed to tell you when they're going to play certain songs.'' Of course they can pre-announce them, but they're not allowed to publish a time-specific playlist or repeat the same oredered playlist all the time. And I'm pretty sure that there's a time limit on how long before a song is played that you can announce it. I've actually read the policies on this, but I can't remember if it's FCC, Copyright, or ASCAP/BMI/SESAC policy, and I can't seem to find them now.

As far as kickbacks, I misspoke due to hatred and hyperbole. The big difference is that radio stations don't have to pay RIAA for broadcasting music since Clear Channel and RIAA might as well be one and the same. I suppose that there was no way to politically say ``Clear Channel stations don't have to pay us'', but since replacing ``Clear Channel stations'' with ``radio stations'' increases the count of stations by about four, they were okay with that compromise to help keep their hands clean. Any webcast is supposed to pay RIAA huge amounts of money, way more than the ASCAP/BMI/SESAC fees. That's why I used the term ``kickback''. As far as radio stations go, RIAA turns a blind eye, and I'm inclined to say that it's because Clear Channel plays music that RIAA wants them to play, by collusion or not. Of course, none of that money goes to the artists that you played. It all goes to the Billboard chart-toppers. I'd like to think that money that a classical station remits goes to classical chart toppers, but I doubt it.