Well, I've used both the Windows and MacOS X clients. I'm trying to avoid my Windows machine right now because I think I've got some flaky memory.

When the Windows client does the ``Requesting File'' thing, the MacOS X client immediately claims that it's completed, writing out a zero-length file. But at least it doesn't hang up.

But the big problem is that the files that on the Windows client require a hundred clicks of the Resume button to get it to complete are, on the MacOS X client, marked as either errored out or completed when it stops. In either case, if you try to start it again, you start from the beginning. And since you can download at most a few hundred kB at a time, it's impossible to finish. I've been relegated to using the Windows machine for those files and hoping that the memory doesn't corrupt them.

Too bad. The big draw to me for eMusic wasn't necessarily that I could download absurd amounts of music, but that I could try out stuff in the privacy of my home without having to pay for each individual thing. If I didn't like it, fine; I could just delete it, no worse other than the time spent getting it than if I'd not gotten it. That's what I was looking forward to, and the stuff they have fits that idea perfectly.