Hi Tony,
I know I’ve said this about 100 times already. I think even half of those times where directed to you.

The Launcher userland app works perfect for this problem. I have Emphatic, empacman, telnet (start and stop), a file viewer, GPSApp+Roadmap, plus I think maybe a couple others I can't remember. All of which are binded to the launcher program.

Each of the programs functions near perfectly, the only bug I see is if I start up multiple userland programs at once, then GPSApp+Roadmap will flicker like you've described above. A simple removal from the cage will solve the problem, and launcher will let you start up any of the userland programs without modifying your config.ini file.

I also don't have reservecache set in my config.ini so that may be why I see Roadmap flicker after I also start up say empacman.

Anyways, I love launcher, it lets me have every userland program at my fingertips to show off at any moment without having to re-sync my empeg to bind a different program to hijack. (which I think takes up memory even if you don't select the app?)

I’m not trying to be rude, its just I think a lot of people may be able to benefit from using the launcher program. Plus it will be really nice after mark finds some free time to integrate something like this inside of hijack. Actually, another nifty feature would be a kill process function directly on the empeg. So we could just “force quit” the buggy userland program, without power cycling the empeg.

[homer]mmmmmmm…. Kill process ….. mmmmmm[/homer]