Hooray! My queue # has finally arrived...

I'm looking to install the Mk.2 as a secondary (aux) unit to feed into a Kenwood HU (KMD-X92), which I'll use to replace my VW Passat's standard (Premium V) HU in order to get line-ins.

I've looked at several HUs and Kenwood is far-and-away my first choice for this project. (I have also considered adding and splicing into VW's CD changer, and using the Empeg as the only HU, and don't care for these options.)

However, I'm concerned about Empeg's use of a Kenwood remote -- I fear *both* units would be listening to commands from the remote, with possibly weird results.

(I doubt it matters, but the Kenwood unit comes with a different remote, RM-505, than the Empeg's KCA-R6A. I couldn't find any tech details about these remotes.)

Q: Will there indeed be problems with a Kenwood HU + Mk.2 setup? Has anybody attempted this? (Er, wouldn't it be limiting for Empeg if they can't recommend purchase to any customers who might want to plug into a Kenwood HU?)

I know an Empeg-branded remote upgrade is on the way, and I'm willing to live with short-term annoyances if a long-term solution is coming...

Q: Will the new remote use different signal encoding than Kenwood?

Q: If so, will it be possible to set the Mk.2 IR receiver to ignore the Kenwood signals (e.g. and only respond to Empeg-brand remotes)?

Thanks for any advice!

______________ Empeg Mk. 2 #626, 48Gb blue | Kenwood KMD-X92. 2000 VW Passat wagon.