As documented at the bottom of this thread, I've been attempting to get my empeg upgraded from 2x20GB drives to 1x80GB. After I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere trying to load everything onto the drive using my backup Mk2, I bit the bullet and put the drive into my main Mk2a. I ran the disk builder successfully then applied 2.0b13 to sync my 40GB or so of tunes. Over the last day or so I finally got all the music loaded, then decided to load v3 alpha. Upon applying the v3 upgrade, I now have an empty Playlists menu. I went to the shell and all my fids seem to be there in /drive0/fids. Thinking something was screwy with the database, I went and deleted the files from /empeg/var (database, database3, playlists, and tags) but after it rebuilds the database, my playlists are *still* missing. Connecting with emplode shows no playlists. Did I do something majorly wrong? I know I'm supposed to be a pro at this stuff, but this is the first time I've started with a completely fresh drive, and I'm not sure if upgrading to v3 was a great idea so early on in this process.

This is extremely frustrating, on a day when everything else has been frustrating too.