I've got a track here which plays fine on Windows Media player, plays fine on the Rio Karma, but exhibits a skip/crackle problem on the Car Player 2.0 software.

The problem is, between my friend's car player and my car player, the problem manifests itself differently. On my player, I get only a single "crackle" sound coming out of the decoder at time index 00:41. On my friend's player, there are multiple crackles, skips, and such throughout the song.

It's not completely suprising that the problem manifests itself differently on each of our players. His is a 2a, mine is a 2, and we've got significantly different configurations. For instance, I have a reservecache setting and he does not.

What I'd like is some independent verification of the problem. Does anyone else see this problem happening on their player when they play this file?

(Note: The file is large, a 7-minute song at 192kbps. Also, the style of music is industrial/techno, so there are some sounds in the rhythm track which are supposed to sound distorted and crackly. Familiarize yourself with the way it's supposed to sound by playing it in Windows Media Player on the PC first. Then see if your car player exhibits any problems when playing it. )

For those who choose to participate in this little experiment: Thanks for your help!