(Minor spoilers that you probably already know anyway, if you're familiar with the general concept of the show.)

Okay, so I watched the new Battlestar Galactica over the last few nights. I didn't have the concerns about it that many people did with the female-izing of Starbuck, etc., but I wasn't going to watch it anyway until someone pointed out that it was written by Ronald Moore, one of the actual talented people that worked on Star Trek. (He's also one of the people doing Carnivale on HBO.)

Anyway I watched the first two nights and then went to look to see how many episodes of the miniseries there are, and it turns out that there's two. This is not a good sign. It was basically a four-hour advertisement for a potential new BG regular series, as far as I can tell. It's not that they didn't answer all the questions or anything. It's that they didn't really get around to raising them until the last five minutes.

Not to mention that the

show

was

paced

really

slowly.

You'd think that humanity would be all atwitter at massive destruction, but, instead, they seem more interested in staring at the wall.

Now, it wasn't really bad, but I feel gypped. There was no resolution and it could have fit into an hour instead of four. Basically, after the second episode was done, I thought, ``Great. Now they can get to the story.'' (That's actually how I feel after pretty much every episode of Carnivale, too, but it's more engrossing.) But that's where it ended.

Anyone else have any thoughts?