Well, it turns out that the Ford Escape (her car) has a little slot that is perfect for the Karma. It slides in and holds really tightly (according to her). She's a bit worried about scratching the face, but we'll probably be able to find something (the carrying case?) to solve that issue. So while it doesn't take care of the "no cords" issue, her Karma now has an assigned place in the car. Oh, and she's actually quite pleased with the FM modulator, so while I'll probably end up doing Tony's solution eventually, I can hold of a bit until I'm ready to undertake that project.

And already she LOVES being able to bookmark Harry Potter and listen to Masha's (our exchange student) music while she takes her to school. Then after she drops her off resume where she left off in the audio book. Not that this type of functionality is news to any of us here, but it's always neat to hear some just blubber about how cool it is!