Does anybody else have this problem? I've still got it and it's even more interesting now...

OK, so the problem is, quite simply, that for some songs the play counts aren't being updated. The songs affected are apparently completely random.

Now I've just installed emphatic v2 to my empeg and initialised all of the song ratings to 5... but looking through the db with jEmplode a random sample of songs scattered around the db haven't been initialised to 5 - they're still stuck on zero. These same songs suspiciously also have zero play counts, despite other songs in the same playlist having play counts greater than zero! This is true for all songs with skip_count = 0, and the total number of songs affected is about 600 out of 3000 in total. Again, they just seem to be randomly affected tracks within albums where every other track is functioning perfectly. I've checked the FIDs of the mp3s, but that doesn't seem to be a factor as the affected FIDs cover a large range from 336 to 69776.

So it seems that for some songs the dynamic data isn't being updated. Any ideas?

Some background information, I'm running v2 final software, exclusively using jEmplode to deal with the database (various versions - mostly 69 now), and am running the latest versions of Hijack (413), and emphatic (2.04). I used to have my music split over a 10Gb and a 30Gb hard disc, but 6 months ago I migrated all of the music across to a new 40 Gb hard disc. This problem essentially existed both then and now. Also I used a fresh dynamic data partition to store the play counts on the new hard disc, so they were all reset to zero.

Ross