Greetings!

I am biased because I am a beta tester for the Karma. Full disclosure there...

I have had no hardware problems with either the hard disk or the wheel. But then, I have not dropped mine on the wheel or done any bouncy exercise while using the Karma either.

With the hard drive, keep in mind that it is just that - a mechanical device involving a read head, arm and rotating platters. While they can be insulated from shocks to some extent, it is still a mechanical storage medium that will a) have some percentage of failures and b) not like being shaken or dropped very much.

As for the wheel. I have read a number of reports of people having problems. I have not read postings of people not having problems. Unless you are someone making a point about not having problems, you very rarely see good posts of "everything's great" on the web.

There were some recommendations a while back about getting any extended warranty your retailer offers. I kind of agree with this - not because I think the Karma will break or that it is not well constructed: mine has always been very sturdy. But 90 days is pretty short, and it is nice to be covered if you do find that you have trouble later on.