Then if I were to copy all the artist playlists to a new top level playlist...using the drap + crtl-drop method... I then have two top level playlists which look identical..they both contain the same set of artist playlists, which contain a set of albums, etc..

Now if I delete the Album 1 playlist from Artst A on the 2nd top level playlist...it gets dropped from the first top level playlist automatically for some reason. I am guessing this is because each of the Artist playlists are actually just symoblic links to the same directory. So if I delete anything from the contents of one of those artist playlists...I'm also deleting the contents from the other copy of that artist playlist by virtue of the fact that the artlist playlist itself is a symbolic link to a directory.

Is this making any sense?

Close enough . The player does not actually use filesystem links, but behaviour is almost the same as if it did (the difference being that one can't give two instances of the same object different names). See my other posts on the topic (search for FID, I guess).

I second your wishes (actually, I expressed them already in slightly different form).

Hey, guys@empeg, these wishes are quite frequent. Give us some thoughts on them!

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue