Took my Karma with me yesterday to experience the thrill of riding on a motorcycle, and it seems it didn't like the ride too much.

About a mine outside of some small town, I noticed the music had stopped. I attempted to fat finger the controls thinking maybe pause had been bumped, but no matter what I did, I couldn't get music again. So, I pulled over, and took the Karma out of my pocket to see it was on, with a pause symbol in the corner. It was on the Now and Next screen, and everything was frozen. Any attempts at using the controls failed.

I went into the gas station I had pulled off at, and asked for a paperclip. Upon resetting the Karma, it proceeded to rebuild the database for some reason. Once this was complete, it resumed playing back my list of songs, about 2 songs back from where the lockup occured. From then on all the way back home, it played fine. And as far as I can tell, no music is missing from what I can select to playback.

Any ideas on what happened? This is my first hard lock on the device since owning it, and it definitly came as a suprise to have it happen when the unit was mostly idle, compaired to the extensive use it sees every Friday night.