Yep. Just outside of Dallas.
Well, then, someone at your work has turned on your computer and left your ICQ connection running. Wondered why you weren't answering.

I wonder if there will be a linear relationship between noise outside the car and noise inside the car?
For the particular noises I want to overcome (the sound of the tires interacting with the pavement), I'm 100 percent certain that this is what/how I want to measure. Wind noise is very low in my car, there's no harmonic vibrations I need to account for, and engine noise is only a small fraction of the whole equation.

I can be going at 85 miles per hour on smooth pavement, and noise is not a problem. But as soon as I hit bad/old pavement, the noise becomes a problem. As I've said before... There's a stretch of Interstate 80 that I frequent where it goes from new-road-smooth to crappy pebbly worn-out concrete and back again in several spots. Loren knows, it's the stretch leading up to the summit and Truckee. Some of that road is just utter crap, and some sections have been recently replaced. The amount of volume change between road sections that I want is in the neighborhood of 15-20db on the empeg's volume scale.