Hopefully if that is the only problem a LVX32 is quite a common chip and should be easy to get from somewhere like digikey or Farnell. It's actually a 74LVX32 which is a low voltage version of the 74HC32, 74LS32 etc. It's just a quad 2 input NOR gate. Just looked - Digikey have them for 49 cents.

However, if that has blown a hole in the top of itself, I would suspect something more serious. I doubt a wiring mistake external to the empeg could cause this kind of failure. The most serious wiring error I can picture is reversing +12V and ground external to the empeg but I would hope it's protected against that sort mistake.

Either way, the hole means the chip is definitely stuffed. Any competent TV/radio serviceman could replace this surface mount chip. It only requires a hot air blower to remove and a fine point soldering iron to replace. You could at least start by replacing that chip and see what happens. Perhaps you could show us where on the board it is to give us a better idea of what might have happened (i.e. power supply area, CPU area etc). One of the empeg guys might be able to give a more definitive answer as to what might have happened.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)