It's not that complicated.

Do following:

I have 4 outputs on the empeg (E1-E4).
I have 4 inputs on my amp (A1-A4).

Connect the outputs of the empeg with the inputs of the amp.
Then connect the outputs of the amp (=speaker outputs) with the speakers
- viola - the connection for the soundoutput is done.

I have power and ground on the amp (AP, AG)

The power and ground of the amp have nothing to do with the empeg.
If you make a clean install then connect the power and ground line directly to the battery. (Remember to use a fuse-box on the +12V cable to avoid any damage either on your car or on the amp!)
- viola - the amp now has working power.

I have loads of wires on the empeg (ISO-Connector is in the car).

You have following wires on the empeg:
One amp-remote (don't know what it's called at the connector): This is for switching on the amp. Just connect it to the 3rd (switching) connector on the amp.
One ground: Connect this ground with the ground of your car.
One (battery)+12V: Connect this with the battery (via fuse box). (The ground and +12V is the powersupply for the empeg)
One ignition sense: Connect it with your car's ignition cable. (it's also +12V but it's only function is to switch on the empeg.)
One headlight connector: Connect it with your car's headlight/dashlight cable (if you have one). It's not needed to run the empeg. It's just for switching the empeg's display from bright to dark level (adjustable) when you switch on your car's headlights.
- viola - your empeg is now connected and should be working.

The empeg also has:
A microphone input - That's the 3.5mm jack on the docking sled
An AUX input - That's for connecting an additional audio-source (eg. another headunit, CD, ..)
A serial cable - You could connect your control stick for example

If your car already has an ISO-Connector (it usually has) check out that it's pins are in the same place as they are on the empeg's ISO-connector (in some car's they are different - eg. VW/Audi, Peugeot - check this before connecting)

Especially: How to ground what and where ?

You have to ground the amp and you have to ground the empeg. without grounding they won't run.

Good luck on installing your Mk2 - Have Fun!

TeeMcBee
Got my Mk2! # 080000143