Yeah, the Receiver is 10Mbps-only. But it seems that you've had it working on the same switch, just with the server on a different machine.

When it fails to work, check the error message displayed on the front. It'll tell you which network adapter (ethernet/PNA) it tried to boot from, and whether it got an IP address or not.

If it's attempting to boot from PNA, then there's a link problem. Check this out first.

If it's not getting an IP address, then there's a problem with the DHCP server -- try running your own. The Receiver will work perfectly with the Win2k DHCP server, or with dhcpd on Linux.

If it's getting an IP address, then it's failing to find either the NFS or HTTP server.

If it's finding the NFS server, the logo on the display changes (it acquires an extra dot, IIRC).

If the second kernel finds the NFS server, then the screen changes to display the Audio Receiver logo, and says "Finding music server" in a box.

If it's still not working, I'd suggest getting a network trace and taking a look at it. If it's not obvious, send the trace to me ([email protected]), and I'll take a look at it.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg