Another example would be to be able to bring my Rio Receiver to a party (with requisite network connectivity) and plug it into the house stereo. Bang. You have an inexhaustible program of music that you are familiar with.

Yeah, that'd be nice, except you'd need to frankenstein your party friend's internet connection to route the traffic. Depending on the party, this could be a problem.

I work in two different laboratories and it would be great to be able to have a Rio Receiver at both places and access my mp3s without resorting to mirroring GBs of data.

Okay, that would be useful. And since you can permanently configure the network settings at both ends, that would work.

But I have a different idea...

Imagine, if you will, a small package that you can take anywhere... to work, to your home, to a party, even in your car... and this small package contains your entire music collection.

It's got a couple of RCA outputs and can be plugged into any audio system. You don't need a network connection to play music. You can bring it to parties where no network connection is available.

This way, you'd have the same UI and the same music collection whereever you go. In fact, when you unplug it at home and take it with you to work, it just starts playing where you left off.

It's called a Rio Car...

_________
Tony Fabris