Wow, you've gone through a lot of good diagnostics there. Most of my first questions are already addressed.

Couple of other things to check:

- Have you tried forcing half duplex on the switch port that the Receiver is plugged into?

- Have you tried a different cable? I know you did that with the laptop, but I mean with the switch.

- Have you tried turning Autoconfig back on for the server software?

- Are the other PCs on your network in the lower range of addresses (i.e., x.x.x.1-128)? If you turn Auto on for the Receiver server, I think it assigns high numbers in the range.

- Are any of the PCs running any kind of firewall software (black ice, zonealarm, the personal firewall built into XP)?

Something to keep in mind through all of this: The receiver has no software of its own. Until it can talk to that server, it won't do squat other than look for a server on the network to grab its software from.

Something else worth trying: There's a linux port and a java port of the server software available (linked from the FAQ section of this BBS), playing with those might give more insight into the cause of the problem.