The Receiver is designed to let you play music in a room away from your computer. If you're in the same room as your computer, why don't you just have the computer play the music and leave the receiver out of it?

Why would you want to remotely make the music change at the other end of the house from the computer? Surely you would want to select the music from the room in which you were listening to the music.

My ulitmate plan Tony is to be able to control the receiver via a web interface on an iPAQ or perhaps a larger web pad style device (the web server will be on the same machine serving the Receiver). I want to do this partly because the Receiver screen is too small to use from more than 1-2 feet away and partly because it will let me do lots of other cool things.

One of the cool things is that I want scriptable remote control so that from the web interface I can queue up a list of albums to be played.

I think a combination of a few more kernel tweaks and my own server software will enable me to achieve this...