Cool review. I agree with you about pretty much everything in the review. A few notes:

- Free disk space is reported in the "About" menu.

- The thing should not crash or reboot like you describe. It's not meant to do that. That's a bug, and should be reported. We thought we nailed all of those bugs during testing. If you can consistently reproduce a particular sequence of events to cause a crash, please put that in the bug reports forum here.

- Disk drive size: It should be pretty easy to put in your own drive. We don't have instructions for how to copy from an old drive to a new drive, but eventually we'll get around to that. Also: Remember that you can delete all of the low-bitrate "portable player" content to free up some space if you don't ever use a portable player. You can also disable the portable-content-encoding feature if you like.

- Lack of ethernet: They lobbied for built-in ethernet and were shot down by the Powers That Be. For what it's worth, I agree that it should have had built-in ethernet. At least they did a lot of work to make sure the USB-ethernet adapters were stable and worked. I was definintely a part of that process, so I know how much trouble it was to get them working.

- CDDB typos: Agreed, the CDDB sucks, but it's better than nothing in most cases. And with the Emplode 2.x feature set, it's reasonably easy to fix that stuff up if you really have to. It is also possible to fix tags from the remote control, but more tedious. By the way, did you know you can hook up a USB keyboard to the thing and edit your tags that way?