Sorry. Its the "War of Religions" and I can't let that one go.

Background. National IT Manager for a major multinational. Backoffice is a combination of UNIX (Tru64, HP-UX and SCO), Windows NT and Linux (Debian). Home systems are XP. MCSE and CCNA.

IMHO. Best enterprise class OS (free or closed) is BSD. Yahoo has always been hosted on BSD and it is the most natively secure and reliable OS I know of. Why I like any xNIX over MS server crap is the inevitable reboot. Change nearly anything on a MS server and you have to reboot. When you are measured against 99.99% availability, too many reboots and there goes your bonus out the window. I haven't authorised a xNIX reboot in a year. In that time we have added hard disks, changed UPSes, updated OSes. All without a restart. When your bonus is 40% of your base pay and it is linked to uptime, believe me when I say that Gates, Ballmer and Muncie are the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Thus endeth the rant. If you will all now turn to hymn 143 "Oh Lord, Thou Art So Big."

As far as your unit goes, I would think that you would only get that kind of money on eBay for a used Dell unit. If you would consider $70 USD I would be interested. If not; thanks anyway and good luck.