Well, I finally got my Rio Central! I ordered it on Febuary 7th, received it on March 29th

It arrives on my doorstep with the free Rio Reciever. Unpacking, I'm very happy with the packaging and out-of-box experience.

Plug them in and they work like a charm. Ripped a new disk in about 8 min, while playing the first two tracks. Nice! Sound quality is superb, and the machine is a breeze to use. I like the games too Definitely pick up a USB keyboard, it's worth it (press Ctl-Alt-Del for a unix prompt).

Got a USB->Ethernet adapter (LinkSys 100M) which was not compatable. Returned it for another (LinkSys 100TX) which works fine.

Network setup was a snap, pinging worked, and 'search for update' worked (no update available yet). But could not contact the device with Emplode. After reading the boards, I learned that it has to be enabled in the 'emplode password' menu.

Start up emplode, drag 200+ CDs into the window and press 'sync'. Go to bed.

Wake up: Sync failed due to lost connection (or some such).
-------------------

Now, I'm stuck with this problem, and emplode can't download the database from the player either (gives same error). I've tried power-cycling. The Central has no problem viewing it's database, and I can play/surf the files with no problem, but emplode cannot access it.

Any clue?

EDIT: Moved bug to bug forum..

Edited by brturn (03/04/2002 13:59)