That was my first thought, too, but (a) he says he reduced it down to 1 song, and (b) he says he did it with the Jreceiver server, too, which doesn't have that problem.

Well... It's something funky here. WHAT, I have no clue.

Took it home last night, did a rsync of the Jreceiver partition to a local machine at the house, and boom. No problems. Loaded up a huge amount of files, even streamed them from the office.

I'm at a loss. I built both of these networks. They are using the same software. One causes reboots, the other doesn't.

So... It's not the hardware. And it's not the software either (as I did an exact copy from one net to the other, thanks to rsync and an IPsec tunnel.) Which does leave the Network.

Now, nothing has changed on the net since the last time this functioned. I've dropped the receiver on a 10mbs hub to run ethereal... Trying to figure out what might be killing it. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

The good news is that the reason I booted it back up was for use in the house... I'm buying a house (closing date May 31... WooHOO!), and wanted to use the receiver there in an office/kitchen environment for my wife. It works on the House's network. So this is good.

The Bad news is that I *HAVE* to know why it dies here. I'm going to set up yet another server here for it, and see if I can't narrow it down. We'll try this one completely from scratch on it's own subnet first, then migrate it to the main net.

Plus, I'm considering buying more of the things now that I've seen the latest revision of Jreceiver... That's some DAMN sharp software. No offense, Empeg guys, but it blows the Windows based software away. I'm a believer in your skillz (bought a Mk2 back when they were full price, and then a spare mk2a when the first reduction happened), but PLEASE incorporate some of the Jreceiver functionality into the server program if you distribute another release of it.