Ok, 200G HDD just hit 60$ at the local computer store. I'm starting to think about what it will take to go larger than 120G. I have some questions and thoughts.

Here are my assumptions and questions so far:

1. Partitions located entirely in the <128G drive space will be recognized by the flash kernel. Given a kernel with >128G support on the root partition, the whole drive should be recognized.

2. Why would more RAM be required? Is that just to handle the larger number of songs that could be placed on >128G disks?

3. It seems that a whole new install CD would need to be created because the RIO cds would only recognize the first 128G of the disk (would it even do that?). Would it be easier to A) create a whole new install CD and copy the software over, or should the process be to B) run the RIO install, and then have another install CD which resizes the disks? Will RIO come after me if I use the method "A" (it involves putting their software on a new ISO image)?

4. Is there something built for the empeg-car that might be usable in this endeavor?