hey everyone ... 1st post! please be kind! lol ...

i've been successful in configuring jrec and trio to serve music to my Rio. And I'm getting the hang of how to use Jrec to create playlists using the dynamic playlist feature.

I ran into a problem with some lists not finding all the tunes for a particular artist. It didn't matter if I used mfile.filname or artist.name ... all tunes weren't being selected.

That's when it clicked! My database prolly didn't load 'em during the scan. I went to a command prompt and did some selects within mysql ... and sure enuf. it wasn't finding all my tunes. I cleared the db, re-ran the scan. Same result.

Does anyone know why the Jrec scanner will not pick up every single .mp3 file its scans thru? While the scan was working, I looked at the Jrec dos box and saw lots of 'frame size too large' messages. But I think that had something to do with the id3 tags. I hope some of you can help!

OH! And is there more documentation on how to use jrec ... like a user manual or anything? The install docs were great, but I need a user guide now.