I think I'd better clarify some issues.

I've clearly made an error in judgement by making the Mark 2 preview images public at this stage. It's not terribly easy to conceptualise the finished product from the rendering and SLA model - you have to use some imagination. You can't see the textures and materials that we are going to use from the graphics, and some people even seem to think that we're going to use the colour scheme shown on the low-res rendering - which is out of the question!

The front part of the fascia is going to be black, or almost black. The transparant part will be made from material in whatever colour you choose, similar to the current model. The handle will be made from aluminium with a sand-cast finish and anodised black.

The size of the display has not changed.

The buttons will have the same clicky feel to them as with the Mark 1 (because they use the same mechanisms). The rotary control will feel gradiated when turned, and will also depress with a positive click.

The fixings will be black anodised hex bolts, matched in with the rest of the design.

In an attempt to clarify this further, so everyone can see for themselves what the product will really look like, I have now commissioned a photographic quality rendering in the suggested colour and texture scheme. This should be ready by the middle of next week.

Rob