This occurs with 2 different Receivers, both running standard Rio software. The server is YARRS on linux. For those who don't know YetAnotherRioReceiverServer is basically an apache virtual server, with some perl cgi scripts to respond to the requests from the Receiver.

When I select Playlist in the Receivers menu it returns the following error

Database error
Item is not a playlist.

If I simply use a browser and enter the same URL that the Receiver is trying to access

http://myserver/tags/100 (100 being the name of the master playlist file)

I get the apparently correct contents of the file.

If I make this playlist file smaller (10 lines), the Receiver is happy and displays the list. If I then put back the entire original file (whether it is the same real file/inode or not) it still works perfectly (and browsing the URL displays exactly the same as before) - until I remove power from the Receiver and it has to cold boot, after which it will fail again with the same arror until I play with the file as before.

Neither the YARRS developer nor Hugo at Rio are any help here, so I wondered if anyone here has any idea why the Rio Receiver player program might be generating that error. If I knew what caused the error I'd have a chance at effecting a cure, but right now I'm a bit stuck. I want to develop the YARRS stuff a bit more to provide nested/heirarchical playlists and tracks in number order, but no point in brushing up my perl until I have this cracked.

Anyone able to offer any help here?