Greetings!

Okay. I am looking at the microphone that was recommended as part of the mysterious (still unannounced but highly discussed) AutoEQ feature. While I do not have the software, I assume it will be released into the wild eventually. So, a few questions:

Any particular reason that an ultra compact surfact mount mic was selected? Or was it more that this was what was lying around empeg towers?

Is the AutoEQ something that is really run once, or is it something that is more "session" or autocorrecting?

Basically, I am looking to get a microphone. I know I need something with a flat response curve and good quality going to a mono 3.5mm miniplug. But I am wondering if I should get something small (read this as "easy to loose and attempt to solder a plug onto"), get something that should be permanently mounted in the car (read this as "I will be fiddling with the AutoEQ a lot, not just during an initial setup phase") or get a professional grade mic (read this as "full size, hand held, maybe a better response curve, probably more expensive but indestructable")...