This is the one and only reason that I haven't tried emphatic yet (not even the original one). o much work to update all my files and reupload them all. (also, updating the files would probably change their Windows modified date, which I like to keep because it shows me when I obtained the file, just for history's sake.)

But both of the methods mentioned seem really great ("to and fro" and "in place"). Why not just upgrade the empeg version of the songs and then backup a dump of the empeg hard disks? I forget if this is possible, but I thought I saw it mentioned before ("empeg clone tool"?). Ok, so that method still requires moving everything to and fro, but at least it leaves my local copies alone.

> and then save it back directly to the same FID

And if it goes back to the same FID, will it retain the playcount for that song? And retain any other information about the song (... what other per-song info is there anyway)? Again, just for obsessive history, but I'd hate to see that gone.

And Tony, I haven't read the "5000'th post" thread yet, but I can not wait to try emphatic 2.0!!!!!