Old, old thread... But since we're still in a holding pattern on the aluminum fascias (for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that we're too small to be very important at the shop) I got to thinking; would there be any way I could use the CAD drawings for the original fascias to get some wooden fascias made? That would be something I could get done with a hell of a lot less effort (it seems) than the aluminum ones, at least for the moment.

By going with the original design, it's should be just a matter of taking the stock to the shop and letting the machine go. Much easier than starting with a design from scratch.

So, if using the original CAD files is an option, someone please let me know.

PS - Please don't take my comments about the aluminum fascias as implying that we're not going to get them done. To be honest, the thing that's been the worst is dealing with the original button design; if we wen't with the plain, round buttons, we could probably be selling them in about two weeks. Getting the kind of angles the originals require in aluminum is not easy, to say the least. But after seeing FireFox's new Greenlights Buttons, it's worth the trouble. We're just dealing with the pain in the butt stuff as busy schedules allow. But the wait could pay off in the end; Brandon's shop is going to be moving to larger facilities soon, and part of the move will (it looks like) include the purchase of a new laser system; if that goes through, it will not only speed up prototyping, but also substantially reduce our costs, which has the effect of substantially reducing the final price.