Quote:
The standard solution to this problem, during the days of official support was as follows:

- Weird behaviour, lockups, stuftering or distorted sound: data path failure.

- First inspect serial boot log. CS4231A recognised and initialised OK?If yes, keep reading. If not, probable chip failure.

In the boot logs I recorded (I posted some of them) it seems ok to me.
Quote:

- second, crimp/change cable. If you have the grey with pink stripe original cable, this can be crimped successfully if you do it properly. If you are unsure, change cable to later grey/charcoal stripe. If you have grey/charcoal, you cannot sucessfully crimp it without destroying it. Improvement? If no, keep reading.

Got a new cable from Eutronix, but still the same behavior.
Quote:

- third, case open, drives out. Inspect the IDE header, especially if you have a 2A/RioCar as this was the model it happened most frequently on. If you have a Mk2, it is unlikely, but not impossible, that this was the case.

I gently reheated all of the pins as they seemed dry to me, but things are not getting better.
Quote:

If all this is OK and the player is in trouble, then it's the data on the disk, ie. YOUR MUSIC.

I didn't erase my music from the player, but I tried this: I installed the disk builder image and connected a 6GB and a 40GB harddrive, I got the same memory violation errors as before.
I realy think i should send it in if that is possible again; Rob, I'm not in a hurry but let me know what I can do.

Thank you,

rudy