I loved Unbreakable (right from the first time). Liked Signs and quite liked The Village (saw it just last night - in the theatre even). I thought the Sixth Sense was garbage. I'll watch it again, but I'm not looking forward to it.

I own Unbreakable and I'll buy Signs and The Village when it comes out.

I think Bitt has put a lot more thought into his theory than Shyamalan did. Or at the very least I don't believe Shyamalan had the same thoughts/theory as Bitt. I'm not saying the theory isn't without merit, but I don't have the same take. I also believe that something predestined doesn't preclude it from being uplifting which is something I did take issue with regarding the interpretation of Signs.

I try taking a much less analytical approach to watching movies these days. They either work or they don't (regardless of meaning). For instance, Spiderman 2 was watchable, but I don't really have any opinion regarding what the writer was trying to do other than make a quick buck. I'll say the CG was sub-par at times (like every scene that showed Spiderman swinging, jumping or climbing), but that's just a technical observation and comes from a different perspective than plot/thematic evaluation. Then there was the Stepford Wives which was just plain terrible in every respect. Story, acting, pace, plot, you name it.

As an aside, I did see some intersting previews and was quite shocked I didn't see any commercials prior to the showing.

Bruno