Over the past six months or so, several BBS people have emailed me inquiring about the likelihood of another run of Home Docks. Well, today I started cutting out the woody parts for a few more.

I already have a collection of email addresses of people who previously asked, and if/when I finish these ones I will offer to that list first, and then post again here on the BBS. Email has now been sent to those on the list.

Right now, the plan is to make four special edition docks with thick curly cherry tops and bottoms, fully finished with sprayed-on shellac, and fully wired and ready to go. These may (or may not) include rear-panel power switches as well.

In addition to those, I have cut out sufficient MDF to construct five more original design Works docks. I don't have the parts on hand to actually wire these ones up, though, so perhaps they can be sold assembled, but unpainted, and unwired, at a large discount over the normal cost.

The theory is that these shells would go to people willing to supply/install their own wiring (docking connector, fan, RCA jacks, and power jack). As before, a metal sled is not needed with this design.

I do plan to prewire the ethernet though, since that portion is more difficult for others to duplicate themselves (tricky tolerances and the like).

For pricing, I'm thinking about US$78 each, including shipping within Canada/USA. Outside of North America, shipping would be an extra US$20 or so (air-mail only -- surface would take months). By comparism, all of the previous fully-wired (Works) docks sold for between US$160 and US$180, plus shipping..

Any interest in the shells? Or do y'all think you'd be willing to forgo the discount if they could arrive fully pre-wired?

As for the four special edition curly cherry docks, well.. don't even ask!

Cheers