Well, I came up with a solution to this problem...From CNET.com, I downloaded a program called AutoHotKey that you can use to program keyboard macros.

Attached is a simple macro I wrote that will strip off the last 4 characters (.mp3) from the titles of each of the songs organized by artist.

First, you select a playlist on the left side of jEmplode. Then on the right side of the pane, you click on the first song and note how many songs are in this particular playlist (shown at the bottom of the jEmplode window.

Then you press the Windows hot key (and hold) and then press Z and release to start the macro. It will ask you how many times to repeat (the number of songs in the playlist). Press Enter twice and the macro will begin. You'll have to edit this macro with your own player title and IP address (it's built into the Window bar title of jEmplode and is referenced by the macro).

Just be careful, if you get out of sync somehow, the macro will start deleting characters and you may have to repair your titles....

I'm almost done with repairing my 10,000 song collection, so it's a pretty worthwhile program...I hope this helps others who may have similar needs...

Randy

Attachments
232091-Music.ahk (205 downloads)