Quote:
Are there any programs that can completely remove all the garbarge that gets installed from a program?

I wouldn't necessarily trust a program that did so unless I knew what it was deleting. I actually write installers in my day job, and I know where such things can go wrong. When they go wrong, they go pretty horribly wrong, so I'd be real careful if I found such a program.

I'd still like to see if anyone has recommendations of such a program. I'd really love to see one that went through my installed services, and especially installed drivers, and did housecleaning. I'd love to see it linked to an updated online database with a detailed description of what each driver and DLL was, where it came from, whether I need it, etc.

Quote:
Or is there a way to" track" what gets installed and then delete it afterwards?

NOW you're talking. One of my most commonly-used tools is a freeware utility that was published as part of a PC Computing magazine article several years ago, called "In Control". It does an excellent job of keeping track of exactly what was changed when you install something. Have a google.

You still have to know what you're doing, though. You have to know, for example, when to delete something that it installed, and when to leave it in place because it's an update to a critical system component. Such as, when a program updates the OLE libraries in the system32 folder, you need to know not to delete them or you need to know exactly how to roll them back. If you mess it up, other apps will stop working.

Quote:
When I download and install some games for my son,after uninstalling them there is always stuff left over.So I want to get rid of it all.

Ah, downloaded kid's games. That's a completely different issue. Most likely what you're talking about here is simple adware or spyware. In that case, you don't need any of the above, you just need to prune the program folder and then run "Lavasoft Ad-Aware" and "SpyBot Search And Destroy". Again, have a google.