My grandparents (RIP) own(ed) a house on Gulf Breeze, on the Gulf side beach, which is now my father, aunt and uncle's. They've owned it since before i was born... spent almost every summer there. I need to scan some pictures i have of the aftermath of Andrew... pretty unbelievable. I walked up and down the beach (what was left of it) and took black and white shots of the twigs and cement blocks that were left. It was so weird how one house would be completely gone, some washed away, and some still standing half collapsed. This is what was built to replace it. That pic was taken shortly after it's completion in '98 i believe. The bottom story is built to wash out completely... and the rest is about 15 feet up from the slab. Hope i'll get to see it again in person.

Found out today that most of my family in New Orleans made it all the way to Houston. They could have stayed with my mom in Baton Rouge, but they didn't even wanna be in that close when it hit. Heheh. My mom has a camp in Grand Isle i believe (haven't been there... it's a recent acquisition)... they are probably going to get a ton of damage on that place. They went and took the boat out and boarded up and said that i-10 back was going 25mph the whole way. They turned it into a one way out of N.O. Than there's my friends in N.O. who CAN'T evacuate since they have no car. Yeesh. Keep us posted... hope you make it out unscathed.