I'll ask Mike over at XLR8 if he plans on doing an update to the PB drive comparison.

I'd be concerned with a 7200rpm drive in the PB if it generates more heat as do the faster desktop models. The PB already gets flame-hot as it is. And I don't do anything outside the finder on it right now - though I suppose mpeg4 decoding gets the CPU going pretty good sometimes. But I notice the incredible heat even just using a browser and connected to the wireless network.

I've got the same 4200rpm 80GB drive in my machine, 1.5GHz with 512MB of RAM and the 128MB Radeon Mobility 9700.

I dropped it off at the shop today. Not that impressed with the shop. Not when I found out they don't do any component-level repair work (ie. soldering). Though maybe I should be glad about this on a warranty issue. It means they'll just swap out whole boards as they're available from Apple.

Incidentally, a new version of our graphics control panel, ATI Displays, will be released next week which now supports all OEM ATI installations. This means easy access to per-application settings for things like FSAA and Anisotropic filtering - great if you do any gaming.

Bruno