Quote:
The other advantage of charging them separately is that you can use standard 7.2V RC chargers to do so. Charging 14.4V packs is expensive. But you do have to ensure that packs in series are kept at the same level of charge - mixing a fresh pack with a half used pack can kill the half used one. And avoid discharging the cells below 1V per cell, ie 12V for the whole lot. (This should prevent stronger cells in the pack from destroying weaker cells).

I have a RC Charger that charges at 1/2/4 amp. I can use it in a car or in the house. and it supposidly turns it self off after the battery is fully charged. would this work good? Could I just throw them on it individually and tell it to charge and have it shut off when it thinks they are full?

Quote:
You may want to build in a small LCD panel meter to pay attention to this.

Do you know of an example on a web page showing what you mean?

Quote:
I'd advise labelling each set of packs clearly. If you can't find heatsink of that large size in multiple colors then use different color sticky tape. Anything to make it obvious which pack belongs with which.

So the two batteries I wire together in series should stay together? like label them Bat1, Bat2, Bat3 & Bat4 and keep Bat 1 & 2 together and 3&4 etc?

Quote:

Get into the habit of charging two packs together. (Yes, two chargers - you don't need to get expensive with them)

Is this so that they are on the charges same amount of time?

Quote:

I'd personally build such that there was a slide switch to select between the two sets, rather than leaving them both wired in parallel. This would mean that you are only discharging one set at any moment. It also means that if you use it for say 30% of total capacity, you only have to recharge 2 packs rather than 4.

That makes sense. Thanks!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock