Quote:
I still stand by what I said earlier. The problem as stated dosen't ask for a complex solution which will work for all solvable cases.

And I stand by not giving you a job at Google Labs (not that I'd get one either). The problem as stated says you can assume ABC is constructed so that a solution exists. You can't assume more than that. As there are solutions where ABC is isoceles, that means you can't assume it's equilateral. Jabs at Microsoft aside, computer science is all about not assuming strong preconditions when you're in fact only given weak ones. Some of those GLAT questions are trick questions (20), but there's no evidence that this isn't a straightforward geometry problem.

Having said that, I'm amazed that (a) this problem isn't in Euclid and (b) googling doesn't tell me whether it is or not.

Quote:
The questions recrutiers ask, are often aimed at filtering out people for reasons not necessarily apparent in the question. Asking and engineer, "What catalog he selected a component from" is one such question. The point of the question isn't to discover what catalog he used, but if he even knows which catalogs to look in. A phony won't know.

Sure. And asserting the triviality of a problem you haven't actually solved probably gets you great management jobs in this industry. It just doesn't get you R&D jobs.

Peter