It LIVES!

Still need to tweak the amp (adjust cut-offs and sensitivity) but it all sounds very nice. Wired up the last of the connections (speakers and line-levels to amp) this morning. But something was amiss and after work I pin-pointed it as the left tweeter not making much (any sound). Finally tracked it down to a wiring problem (custom connector I made was using the incorrect pair of wires - but that was the fault I discovered, of the wiring diagram I found on the net - argh).

All in all i had to do some custom wor on the new JL tweeter mounts to fit them to the factory mid grills in the doors as well as make some circular mounts for the 4" coaxials I mounted in the factory speaker housings in the trunk (most people just remove the housings and install speakers directly onto the rear shelf - this would suck with a sub-woofer pounding in the trunk and creating unwanted presure on those speakers).

I will take pictures of the mess of wires in my trunk this weekend. I still have to disconnect everything from the amp again, route the wires cleanly, cut back the sub wire, zip-tie everything neatly and then put back the section of trunk liner that covers that area. I suppose I should also make a small bracket to attach the subwoofer to the car itself, lest it come loose from its wedged position and tumble in the trunk someday...

Now... Where's my red empeg lense hiding.... Someone's going to be receiving a PM in a few minutes..

Bruno