Quote:
mdavey -- So it just hangs at 25% of rebuilding?

Actually, looking again, I'd say the status bar reads more like 33%. Also, when the rebuild suceeds, it takes an age to get to 33% then jumps to 66% and then 100% very quickly.

Quote:
So at this stage your Empeg is just left in Synchronizing mode like he's talking about as well?

Yes. Eventually, jemplode will time out and bring up a wide error dialogue box. Even then the Empeg thinks it is synchronising.

Quote:

Would you mind [getting some diagnostics]

Okay. I've just tried to reproduce the problem but failed. Perhaps it isn't as common as I thought! I'll keep trying.

The following could be completely unrelated:

Synchronisation seems to take quite a lot longer with recent hijacks installed. I need to time it to be sure, but that is my impression.

Also, rebooting (either via Hijack reboot, Hijack force AC/DC mode or the command that jemplode sends) will often cause the Empeg to lock up - it goes into standby with the flashing LED but can't be woken up via the front buttons or keypresses on the serial console. Also telnetd isn't responding at this point. The console has about 8 lines of "(data ab(d(d(((data((((((((d(da((((d(d(((((((((" ending with "(data abort vector)". Perhaps something is running out of memory? This is a 32MB player and seems stable otherwise.

It may be that the jemplode problem is related to the need to fsck the disks - ISTR that jemplode often does something extra when first started (during a session where the sync fails) compared to a jemplode session where the sync is fine. I need to see it fail a few more times to know if this is the case or not.

Hope I've helped rather than confused.
Ex-owner of stolen empeg #030102741