Hah, all you need to search a Eudora mailbox is Windows Find with something in the "Containing Text" box. Heck, that's all I need to search AIM logs, mIRC logs, Word docs (mostly), and HTML (mostly).

Give me something that (effortlessly) searches PDFs (and scanned-image PDFs, mmmmmm) and I'll be happy. There is that Adobe Library thing (or something), but it seems like a lot of work. Oh well, it's probably worth it.

I'm glad WinFS is being pushed back again. Nothing like adding unnecessary complexity to one of the foundations of the OS; the file system. WinFS is some kind of database thing, right? Oh imagine when someone creates the WinFSlammer worm. It'll do a lot worse than take down entire countries like SQLSlammer did (well, maybe "country" singular).

Quote:
trapping port 80 traffic to Google.com and inserting their own results.

Oh great, so it can insert AdWords (which, I admit, are the only helpful advertisements I've ever seen on the web). Or wait, is it the other way around? When you search google.com, it also searches your drive and returns your local results as well. That might be interesting, untill it gets annoying when I search google.com for "empeg" and it gives me 67 pages of results from my machine.

Hm... and I wonder if they will link Picasa and Google Desktop so GD can search image descriptions and folder names.....