Quote:
Because that 50W/CH is marketing watts, more like 12W/ch really.

Ah- yah, I'd heard that. I guess what I'm really saying is that I don't need much more power than what my stock head-unit puts out. Certainly that's not 50W/CH.
I suspect that there's not much of a market for sub 50W stand-alone amps...
If I were a hardware geek I would look at stealing the amp board out of another head unit and packaging it up nice and neat under the dash.

Quote:
Edit: How, about the one sold here , i have one like that lying under my seat, and it sounds great.

I did see that. Alas, the seller is UK based and the cost/effort of shipping is most likely a deal breaker. Not to mention that I can't see/touch it before the sale. Living in the SF Bay Area, I would assume that all manner of options exist for me in my own back yard... hmm, more surfing at Craigslist, I guess.
Under the seat isn't an option for me, though- no room there in a del Sol. Trunk mounting is an option- heck, the empeg is going to make my 6CD changer useless anyway. Wiring would be sooo much nicer/easier if everything were in the dash, though.

Here's an audio-n00b question:
Do I really need a 4CH amp?
Isn't four channels the way that we get balance and fade capability?
That is, if I want to have balance and fade, must I use a 4CH?
I've read a few 'basic audio intro' articles, but I guess they weren't basic enough for me.
Thanks-