Quote:
That's exactly what home broadband routers such as the Linksys BEFW11S4 do. Their "Network interface A" is configured using DHCP -- with the DHCP server usually being at the ISP -- and they have a "Network interface B" that you can configure yourself. (Often they have a four-port switch on B. And they usually have a DHCP server for the B-side built-in.) You might have to configure a manual IP address (not DHCP) on network interface B, but the rest of the 10.x.y.z network can still use DHCP, and apart from that it does what you're after.

Peter

That's what I thought, but I can't get it into my head how this would work. (Very limited experience so please don't get mad at me) The extra ports on the Linksys unit are not network interfaces in the sense that they cannot be assigned an IP address. (there are 4 and I see no where in the options to configure it at least and I think that if they were configurable to have an IP address each port would have a MAC address as well. Only the WAN port have a MAC address).

Would I simply turn off DHCP on the Linksys, plug a patch wire from one of the switch ports to one of my existing switch ports and point each workstation (via DHCP from my Server) to the IP (192.168.1.x) given to the Linksys by the DHCP server on the other network?

Thanks!
Rene