The author briefly touches on a subject similar to what was recently brought up on these boards: a la carte cable programming . Obviously, other than my desire to save a couple of bucks, it would appeal to a large demographic of diverse tastes.

And like Larry mentioned, the article also brought to mind several things I wanted to search for online, which resulted my the discovery of the new Blockbuster Online program. While this seems like a decent competitive strategy against Netflix , what irks me about it is that they charge nearly half the cost of a Movie Pass. Up 'til now, I was willing to pay the extra charge (as opposed to Netflix) in order to have the convenience to in-store selection and pick-up. But considering that there are limited quantities in the store and the extra cost involved, I see no need to continue paying for the more expensive option. I would think that the cost of such a service would be parallel both online and off. In fact, I feel a bit throttled by Blockbuster's methods, which is enough to make anyone switch to the competition.