Hi everyone,

I upgraded the disks in my player and my SO's player. After manually building the disks, I decided to cheat and I used dd to copy all the partitions except the music partition.

It "sorta" worked, but I intermittently get the Hard Disk Not Found error, or sometimes I only get playlists from one of the drives. Serial log shows that sometimes the second drive is not recognized at boot.

I figured I damaged the IDE cable, so I installed my Eutronix spare. No improvements.

I just installed the 2.00final image and hijack, figuring that dd might not have been the best way to do the upgrade. This might fix it, which would be great, but I really want to know why I can't use dd to move the player software from one disk to the next. The thing boots from flash, right, so this is not a boot block or boot loader issue. Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is there some reason this woudn't work?

If I don't see the second drive (intermittently) in the serial log, isn't this likely to be a hardware problem? Here's why I don't think so: both players are doing this. The only thing weird is the dd. So, what did I unintentionally do???

Thanks in advance,

Jim