I'm using a Uniden 5.8GHz phone system at home. A dial-capable base and two handsets (supports up to 10). All support phone book and caller ID features.

My phone service's (BroadvoxDirect) implementation:
1. My current phone service supplies ALL Caller ID information as a 10 digit number: XXX-XXX-XXXX
2. The phone service supports ONLY 7-digit annd 11-digit dialing
3. I must dial 7-digit for same area code as my line and 11 digit (1+) for all other numbers in other area codes, no mattter if they're local or long distance.

Anyone see a problem here?
1. If I add phonebook entries with a 10 digit format, I get proper CID linking to names in my phone book - But I can't dial any of these numbers from the phone book.
2. If i add phonebook entries with 11 digits, I can dial them, but they will not be matched by CID.

Partial solution as allowed by my phones:
1. The phone allows you to specify your area code in its preferences - it then strips this from incoming CID with a matching area code. This means I can both store and dial 7 digit numbers that are the same area code as my line.

The big problem is that most callers are not in the same area code I'm using - even though they're local. My line is Toronto 416 and I get a lot of calls from 905 (all areas immediately surrounding Toronto) or other like 705 and long-distance codes.

It's really pissing me off that I can't redial the majority of numbers out of my CID list and that I'm not getting phonebook matches on an CID (because I keep a +1 on those so i can dial them).

I asked the phone service for an option to allow 11 digit CID for non-matching area codes or for them to support 10 digit dialing (I don't pay any long distance with this service anyway). Other than that I would need a phone that has an option to dial a +1 on any non-matching area codes automatically.

Any suggestions?

Bruno